The capacity to change is of vital importance to organisations. Unfortunately, many organisational changes do not run smoothly. The main reason? Employees often don’t understand why change is necessary. If you don’t understand the why behind a change, you’re not likely to commit to it and you may even resist.
We help to involve your organisation’s employees in the change. By enabling them to participate in formulating the story about the change. Whether it’s a change in culture, an agile implementation or a merger: we help to activate change by increasing engagement.
We help senior managers and change managers to:
Organise basecamp sessions
Every change starts with an overview. Over the course of a few creative sessions we identify target groups, formulate a clear vision of change and integrate everything in a visual communication plan.
Create Personas and Change Journeys
A large-scale change does not mean the same to everyone involved. By distinguishing target groups as personas and journeys, we make the change more personal and also more profound.
Generate impactful activation work
Using co-creation workshops, we engage everyone in the process of thinking critically about what the change is going to mean. And how the change is going to affect their day-to-day activities.
Create communication that lands
Repeat, repeat, repeat. To achieve a successful change, you have to tell the change story repeatedly. Images, videos, worksheets and toolkits which are visible in your working environment will safeguard the process.
Co-create the story behind the changeMake every employee an ambassador!
Hear it, believe it, live it
Using a combination of workshops and distinct communication design, we can ensure everyone is on the same page:
- Hear it – people need to see the bigger picture and hear the entire story behind the change you envision.
- Believe it – they need to translate and implement the essence from this bigger picture in their daily work activities. And they need to understand what their role is in the change.
- Live it – finally, people will adjust their own working practices to the vision. They will encourage colleagues to change and they will become ambassadors for the new culture.
How can we help you?
What we do?
- We help to direct complex change programmes. We do this by clarifying and visualising your vision, your step-by-step plan(s) or your strategy.
- We encourage you to engage people in the change, to allow them to tell their own stories and to conduct meaningful conversations.
- We create communication resources that enable you to clearly explain your challenge and the roadmap you envision. Also, we create handy tools to accomplish change in daily activities of all employees. Together with you.
Who is this for?
Teams or organisations who aim to successfully achieve a change of direction, strategy or vision and who want to implement their ideas effectively. We work with them in a wide variety of areas, such as:
- Cross-organisational partnerships
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Agile implementations
- Culture change processes
- Recalibration of mission, vision and core values
- Implementing a strategic repositioning
- Internal positioning of a new department or team
Related Flatland Cases
VODG real-estate developer - Improving customer journey
For 'Van Omme en de Groot' we mapped and clarified their customer journey. Visualising led to major changes in their process!
C-ARM - Clarifying change processes
With visual storytelling you tell a story. To explain and clarify a new program and get everyone involved!
ProRail - Environment, assets and importance clarified
For this complex operational organization, we clarified all activities, environments and assets. Drawings put departments on the map!