The capacity to change is of vital importance to organisations. Unfortunately, many organisational changes do not run smoothly. The main reason? Employees often don’t understand why change is necessary. If you don’t understand the why behind a change, you’re not likely to commit to it and you may even resist.
We help to involve your organisation’s employees in the change. We do this by enabling them to participate in formulating the story about the change. Whether it’s a change in culture, an on or a merger: we help to activate change by increasing engagement.
We help senior managers and change managers to:
Organise basecamp sessions
Every change starts with an overview. Over the course of a few creative sessions we identify target groups, formulate a clear vision of change and integrate everything in a visual communication plan.
Create Personas and Change Journeys
A large-scale change does not mean the same to everyone involved. By distinguishing target groups as personas and journeys, we make the change more personal and also more profound.
Generate impactful activation work
By means of co-creation workshops, we engage everyone in the process of thinking critically about what the change is going to mean. Every employee will understand how the change is going to affect their day-to-day activities.
Create change communication that lands
Repeat, repeat, repeat. To achieve a successful change, you have to tell the change story repeatedly. Images, videos, worksheets and toolkits which are visible in your working environment will safeguard the process.
How can we help you?
Design for change: 'Hear it, believe it, live it.'
Using a combination of workshops and distinct communication design, we can ensure everyone is on the same page. We help you create a group of leaders who will serve as the critical mass that will generate movement in your organisation. Using our activation pyramid, we ensure that people make progress:
- Hear it – people need to be able to see the bigger picture and hear the entire story behind the change you envision.
- Believe it – they need to be able to translate and implement the essence from this bigger picture in their daily work activities. And they need to understand what their role is in the change. We create additional communication resources, such as games, enabling everyone to accept the changes and to actively adjust to the vision. This engenders meaningful conversations which advance change.
- Live it – finally, people will adjust their own working practices to the vision, they will encourage colleagues to change and they will become ambassadors for the new culture. At this stage, visual storytelling can help people share the best working practices and stories of success.
Co-create the story behind the changeMake every employee an ambassador!
What we do?
- We help to direct complex change programmes. We do this by clarifying and visualising your vision, your step-by-step plan(s) or your strategy.
- We create communication resources that enable you to clearly explain your challenge and the roadmap you envision.
- We encourage you to engage people in the change, to allow them to tell their own stories and to conduct meaningful conversations.
- Together with you, we create handy tools to accomplish change in daily activities.
This is a session that focuses uniquely on directing strategy and compiling a communication plan and an activation programme. We will get down to work with your team at our design studio in Rotterdam. The tangible result is a sketch of your plans for the future.
Who is this for?
Teams or organisations who aim to successfully achieve a change of direction, strategy or vision and who want to implement their ideas effectively. Our clients range from large companies to SMEs. We work with them in a wide variety of areas, such as:
- Cross-organisational partnerships and PPSs
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Agile implementations
- Culture change processes
- Recalibration of mission, vision and core values
- Implementing a strategic repositioning
- Internal positioning of a new department or team
Related Flatland Cases
NN - New ways of working for IT team
How to understand and live a new strategy and process? Combining team sessions, storytelling and a board game to test and improve collaboration.
VODG real-estate developer - Improving customer journey
For 'Van Omme en de Groot' we mapped and clarified their customer journey. Visualising led to major changes in their process!