A simple drawing can make complex problems a lot easier to solve. For example during a meeting with co-workers or presentations to your management. During our training Visual Design Thinking, you learn all the basic principles of visual thinking combined with design thinking principles and you learn how to apply it in your work!
Read more about the training contents, available training dates and other practical information. Or use the link below to register directly!
Visual Thinking program - Spring/Summerschool 2020
In 2020 we will organise a new Visual Design Thinking Program; Spring- & Summerschool. Gain your new 21ste century skill! During this 3-day training you will dive into the drawing world and maximise your learning curve on how to apply drawing in your professional life.
What does it looks like?
During the 3-day program you will be introduced to how we apply all aspects of visual- and design thinking in our daily work. Starting with the basics, we help you to overcome your drawing barrier and build up your personal visual library. Next, you will learn effective techniques to structure your content towards a clear story. You will learn tips & tricks to visually create and share an engaging story. Finally, you learn how you prepare and lead sessions and meetings in a visual way, by using design techniques to create communication tools (i.e. templates).
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- You overcome the barrier to start drawing.
- You understand the value of Visual- and Design Thinking
- You learn effective methods and techniques to translate complexity into a clear story.
- You will learn to use design techniques to create a logic flow in a drawing.
- You will have time and space to work on your own case under personal guidance.
- You can use your visual skills to prepare and guide meetings.
- The Springschool will take place from Monday 20 till Wednesday 22 of April 2020
- The Summerschool will take place from Wednesday 15 till Friday 17th of July 2020
- Training days are from 9.00-17.00h. There is a coaching moment of half a day on May 15 or August 21, 2020.
- Costs: €2.195,- ex VAT (21%)
- Preparation: no preparation nor experience needed.
- All materials included: papers, Flatland drawing kit, lunch, coffee, snacks and drinks.
- Location: Groothandelsgebouw Rotterdam, directly next to Rotterdam Central Station.
- The program will be guided by two experienced visual thinkers, language discussable.
- If there are less as 8 attendees, the training can be rescheduled or cancelled.
Training Visual Thinking - Basics 101
No time or opportunities to join Spring-/Summerschool? Or organisae an In-Company? Join our Training Visual Thinking – Basics 101 on 28th of May. Leave your details here to join!
If you have any additional questions or need more information about your registration please send us an email or contact us by phone
What will we do?
In our 1 day training we teach you the principles of ‘Visual Design Thinking’. We cover basic drawing skills, but also teach you an approach to take you from complexity to a clear, logic and visual story.
- Duration: 9:00 – 17:00
- Costs: 1 day training (+ free refresher day) €695 excluding VAT (21%).
- After completing our training you can attend one of the free ‘refresher’ days. During this day you can refresh and develop your skills with one of our visual consultants. Or work on a case together. Dates: June 19th.
- Price includes all materials during the day, such as: cheat sheet, your own drawing-kit and of course lunch, drinks and snacks throughout the day.
- Location: training will take place in one of our workshop spaces in our office, inside of Groothandelsgebouw next to Rotterdam Central Station (25 minutes from Schiphol airport).
- Maximum of 12 participants, our training will be by 2 experienced trainers and visual consultants.
“With the help of the Flatland Academy I now have the skills to be confident to draw and the tools to make a story that sticks”– Gisele Vermond, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Our trainers have multiple years of experience in applying visual design thinking in their projects. From strategic sessions in boardrooms to co-creation with municipalities. We are aware of the challenges in modern organisations and we like to help you advance.
Do you prefer an in-company training with your team or are you interested in a longer training program? Click below for more information.In-company workshops
Related Flatland Cases
PWN - A Visual Watercompany
PWN (a water company in the Dutch province North-Holland) uses Visual Thinking in their innovation program. We train them to use drawing to be more creative.Read more
HU - Drawing in higher education
In a training program we helped educational staff of the Hogeschool Utrecht to find a place for visual thinking in their classes.Read more