A simple drawing can make complex problems a lot easier to solve. For example during a meeting with co-workers or presentations to your management. During our training Visual Design Thinking, you learn all the basic principles of visual thinking combined with design thinking principles and you learn how to apply it in your work!
Read more about the training contents, available training dates and other practical information. Or use the link below to register directly!
Visual Thinking program - Winterschool 2020
Winter 2020 we will organise a new Visual Design Thinking Program. Start your year with a new skill! During this 3-day training you will dive into the drawing world and maximise your learning curve on how to apply drawing in your professional life.
Training Visual Thinking - Basics 101
Choose a date and reserve your spot. You can pay online or request an invoice. If you have any additional questions or need more information about your registration please send us an email or contact us by phone
What will we do?
In our 1 day training we teach you the principles of ‘Visual Design Thinking’. We cover basic drawing skills, but also teach you an approach to take you from complexity to a clear, logic and visual story.
The morning part of the training is aimed at the visual basics, you learn basic drawing skills and start building your own visual library. In the afternoon you can work on your own case or example, where you practise to structure information visually. You learn how to communicate this to others using drawings. You end the day with your first hand-drawn poster!
What are the results?
- You’ll be confident to apply drawing in your day-to-day profession.
- A start to build your own visual library
- You understand the value of Visual- and Design Thinking.
- You learned an effective method to turn complexity into a clear visual story.
- You are able to use Visual Thinking to accelerate (team)work.
- Fun, inspiration and energy to get started with your new drawing tools.
- Your very own Flatland drawing-kit.
- Our open training Visual Thinking – Basics 101 takes place several times a year, in 2020 on Februari 20, April 16 and June 4.
- Duration: 9:00 – 17:00
- Costs: 1 day training (+ free refresher day) €695 excluding VAT (21%).
- After completing our training you can attend one of the free ‘refresher’ days. During this day you can refresh and develop your skills with one of our visual consultants. Or work on a case together. Dates: March 13, May 8 and June 26.
- Price includes all materials during the day, such as: cheat sheet, your own drawing-kit and of course lunch, drinks and snacks throughout the day.
- Location: training will take place in one of our workshop spaces in our office, inside of Groothandelsgebouw next to Rotterdam Central Station (25 minutes from Schiphol airport).
- Maximum of 12 participants, our training will be by 2 experienced trainers and visual consultants.
Our trainers have multiple years of experience in applying visual design thinking in their projects. From strategic sessions in boardrooms to co-creation with municipalities. We are aware of the challenges in modern organisations and we like to help you advance.
“With the help of the Flatland Academy I now have the skills to be confident to draw and the tools to make a story that sticks”– Gisele Vermond, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Do you prefer an in-company training with your team or are you interested in a longer training program? Click below for more information.In-company workshops
Related Flatland Cases
PWN - A Visual Watercompany
PWN (a water company in the Dutch province North-Holland) uses Visual Thinking in their innovation program. We train them to use drawing to be more creative.Read more
HU - Drawing in higher education
In a training program we helped educational staff of the Hogeschool Utrecht to find a place for visual thinking in their classes.Read more